8.12.2012

Graduation






After four sweet years as a student at the University of Florida, I have finally graduated! Yahoo!

I knew I wanted to take my own portraits, as the sessions I've done in the past with friends have always been really fun and gratifying. With a little help from my mom, sister, and tripod, I set out in my new party dress to some of my favorite places on campus. The reality of a summer graduation in Florida set in, and after about an hour and a half of sweat and mosquito bites, a sudden downpour ended the session early.

Here are some of my favorites:





 


As it happens, I ended up being the first person in line--- for ALL of the Bachelor's degrees for the Summer 2012 commencement. There I am next to the woman in the orange and blue robe! I would consider UF lucky that the conferral of degrees started off so dashing.


This shot of my mortarboard was taken by my Dad. I was proud that I made it look so pretty! The flowers are from Martha Stewart's line of scrapbooking supplies in Michael's and the patch I brought back from Stockholm. Representin'.

Orange Keds!
 We also took a few shots at the stadium the evening before the ceremony, which was a good idea because the field was totally empty and the weather had cooled down by then.


 

 Thank you to my family for coming out to celebrate this accomplishment with me, for supporting me along the way, and for the month's worth of cake that I now have to grapple with. Go Gators!

3 comments: